Your child’s journey
Your Pace journey…
- 1. Contact us: Make an enquiry online, by emailing [email protected] or by phoning 01296 614287.
- 2. Pre-assessment: You’ll receive a form to complete – on your own or with a healthcare or school worker – so we can get a picture of your child.
- 3. Appointment: We’ll contact you to arrange a date and time.
You and your child will meet a therapist
- 1. Information gathering: We’ll ask questions, gather information from other practitioners such as school or doctors (if appropriate) and chat about your goals.
- 2. Initial therapy session: Our therapists will get to know you and your child. Your session may be with one or more therapists.
- 3. Further assessment: Your child may have a general or a more specialist assessment. We’ll determine how best to support your child’s development, and may use the assessment information to monitor progress.
- 4. Goal setting: Together with the therapists, you will outline your goals, aspirations and next steps.
Therapy sessions begin
You will work with your therapists to develop goals for your child. They will work with you to develop ways to interact with your child and demonstrate activities to support their development. You can practice these at home.
Together with you, we’ll evaluate progress. We love to celebrate children’s successes. We check progress against the goals we agreed and review the next steps.
Stop, pause or continue
If your child has met their target and you feel equipped to manage the next stage, your sessions may pause or stop. You may switch to using our home resources. Alternatively, we’ll agree new goals for your child, and continue working with you.
Refer your child
Click below to refer your child today and to find out how we can help to support them and you.