Admitting a child to Pace education
Pace helps children aged 0-18 years with sensory motor disorders and other associated difficulties, with our school currently registered for 3-16 years. The range and severity of the educational needs of children at Pace varies from those who require intensive work to help them learn basic foundation skills such as moving, looking and listening, to those who are working age appropriately but who would benefit from fine tuning independent mobility and functional living skills. Our integrated educational programmes are highly specialised and appropriate for those with:
- Cerebral palsy or motor delay/disorder, including a range of associated problems, for example sensory, perceptual, auditory and visual
- Head injuries
- Genetic disorders resulting in motor impairment.
The specific nature of our programmes means that we do not normally accept children who have the following conditions:
- Learning difficulties but no motor disorder
- Behavioural problems but no motor disorder
- Autism or rapidly progressive degenerative disorder.