- Four in ten disabled children are living in poverty
- The average cost of bringing up a disabled child are three times more than for a non-disabled child
- Parents of disabled children are more likely to divorce
- Only 32% of families with disabled children feel accepted by their local communities
- 52% of disabled people have experienced discrimination at work
- Nearly a quarter of disabled people who need adapted accommodation don’t have it
- More than half (58%) of disabled people have been victims of crime, 15% of whom believe it was directly motivated by their impairment.
- One in three disabled people has been refused service or turned away from pubs, leisure centres, restaurants or other public places.
Excerpts from SCOPE Impact Report 2011/12