Your fundraising page
When you register for the BIG Walk, your basic fundraising page is automatically set up for you. Here are some tips to get the most out of your page:
1. Add a photo – fundraisers who add a profile picture tend to raise 15% more.
2. Add a fundraising story – an engaging story can make all the difference.
3. Set a fundraising target – target setters raise up to 46% more.
4. Add a fundraising summary – make sure your supporters know what you’re doing, for who and why.
5. Add updates – regular updates keep your page looking fresh and give you opportunities to share it.
6. Is there a group of you walking – pages that are part of a team raise an average of 10% more.
7. Ask the person you expect to be most generous to sponsor you first, others are then likely to be more generous.
8. Add any money you’ve raised offline – so everyone can see the total amount you’ve raised.
Set yourself a target
Think big. It’s a great way to motivate yourself and encourage your supporters. When you’re close to your target, why not raise the bar? It’ll keep the sponsorship rolling in.
Tell your friends and family what you are doing on social media and send them the link to your online fundraising page. Take your paper sponsor form everywhere with you as you never know who you may see and collect donations as you go.
Make a video
An engaging story makes all the difference, and what better way to spread your fundraising message than through video. Make a short video on your phone or video camera about why you’re fundraising and share it on social media. Remember to tag us in @thepacecentre.
Ask your employers
Many employers will match their employees’ fundraising so don’t forget to ask yours. Also adapt your e-mail signature and add a line at the bottom telling people about the event you are doing. Don’t forget to include a link to your online fundraising page!