We are constantly monitoring the situation, taking into account current government guidelines and adjusting the measures in place to keep everyone safe.
Our primary focus is on keeping our participants, volunteers and staff safe. We have carried out a thorough Covid-19 secure risk assessment for every aspect of the event and put in place many procedures to limit the risk of transmission such as:
- changing the routes from linear to circular routes therefore mitigating the risk of shuttling people on coaches to their start points
- implementing staggered start times
- only allowing participants to walk in groups of 6
- moving registration / deregistration outside so the whole event is outdoors
- putting in queuing systems at registration and water stops which include hand sanitising and social distancing measures
- temperature checks
- the appropriate use of PPE
- increased cleaning regime at touch points
- one way systems
Upon registering, we ask you to wear a mask and to stick to your social bubble group of 6 people maximum during the event.